JOIN / LOGIN
Peter Coniglio Discusses Mental Health for Tennis Coaches
Peter Coniglio is a Mental Health and Mental Performance Coach, who uses a solution-focused approach in his coaching.
The importance of mental health in sport has received greater attention in recent years as high profile athletes have revealed their mental challenges and changed the perception of athletes as being mentally “tough”. By speaking out, athletes have helped the sports community by normalising the issues facing athletes and shining a light on the whole area of mental health in general.
Peter Coniglio is a Mental Health and Mental Performance Coach. Peter uses uses a solution-focused approach in his coaching. He originally used the solution-focussed approach in pain management as he is also a qualified sports therapist and corrective exercise coach. The solution focussed approach to coaching is based on the assumption that the solution to the problem doesn’t necessarily come from focussing on the problem.
In this interview with Mark Tennant, Peter discusses:
- The public versus the personal persona of well-known athletes
- His role when working with athletes
- The stresses and challenges which tennis coaches face which can affect mental health
- Solution-focussed coaching and the importance of looking for positives in what we do
- The importance of talking, and of listening to others when they want to talk
- The importance of hope, and having a clear focus on the way things could be if positive change were to happen
Related Articles on Tennis 24/7
MANAGE YOUR MEMBERSHIP
ABOUT TENNIS 24/7
© Copyright 2021 Tennis24/7 · All Rights Reserved
PRIVACY & SITE TERMS