JOIN / LOGIN
Importance of parents in their child’s tennis journey
We hosted a live Q&A session talking about how all parents can support their child when playing tennis at any level.
Adam Wharf, host of this session, has an impressive coaching career spanning more than 15 years, including work with Nick Bollettieri and the LTA.
We recently hosted a live Q&A session on the Importance of Parents in Their Child’s Tennis Journey. Our host Adam Wharf, the Head of Performance at inspire2coach, discusses:
- How all parents can support their child when playing tennis at any level
- How being a tennis parent is different from being a parent in other sports
- How much help can you give and when are you helping too much.
Key Take-aways for Coaches
These notes provide a brief reflection of learning for coaches.
- Parents and coaches take different roles in the players journey and that can change over time.
- There will be some milestones in the player’s journey that may trigger a change in parent’s role in their child’s tennis journey. Being alert to the way roles can change helps coaches and parents to understand each other better.
- Having a “contract” between the coach and the parent can help to ensure that there are no misunderstandings.
More Information for Tennis Parents
MANAGE YOUR MEMBERSHIP
ABOUT TENNIS 24/7
© Copyright 2020 Tennis24/7 · All Rights Reserved
PRIVACY & SITE TERMS