Developing the Serve With Adults: Part 1
Teaching the serve to adult players requires a different, generally less structured approach. Part 1 in the series.
In this, the first part of our series on Developing the Serve for Adult Players, Richard Marklow, Director of inspire2coach, talks about the differences in teaching the serve to adult players compared to a more structured approach when working with younger players. Richard then guides you through a typical scenario when a coach works with an adult player giving detailed coaching tips and effective methods of coaching styles to help develop your adult players serve.
Pick up valuable teaching points, ideas for drills, common faults to watch out for and solutions to take into your next coaching session with adults.
Key Take-aways for Coaches
- Working with adults is very different to working with juniors and there are different decisions to make.
- Understand your player; what do they need for their serve? Things to look at include their background, experience and how much time they’re able to put into developing the serve.
- Players who’ve played for a while have existing habits that you need to work with, whereas with beginners, you can work through progressions.
- Go carefully and build confidence.
- Use the serve more in lessons
- Observe and assess serve effectiveness
Select Sessions from Developing the Serve with Adult Players are Available on Tennis24/7
[display-posts tag=”developing-the-serve-adults”]MANAGE YOUR MEMBERSHIP ABOUT TENNIS 24/7 GET HELP COMMUNITY
© Copyright 2021 Tennis24/7 · All Rights ReservedPRIVACY & SITE TERMS