inspire2coachJOIN / LOGIN MAIN MENU
Summary of Receiving Skills (Part 11)
This series emphasises the importance of developing good receiving skills from a young age through fun, dynamic game-based activities.
Receiving Skills are a big part of our coaching philosophy at i2c. We hope that this series of videos has emphasised the importance of developing good receiving skills from a young age, through a series of fun and dynamic game-based activities.
Key take-aways for coaches
- Tennis is not just a sending sport; receiving skills are vital in helping players develop their game
- Work on a series of simple check points in every activity – reading the ball early and before the ball crosses the net
- Look for consistently good positioning and balance, where possible with the outside leg behind the ball
- Look for the triangle as means to judging optimal contact points
- Look for players who can play with 2 feet on the court, as an indicator of great receiving skills
Watch the Rest of the Receiving Skills Series
Related Articles on Tennis 24/7
[display-posts category=”technique”]MANAGE YOUR MEMBERSHIP ABOUT TENNIS 24/7 GET HELP COMMUNITY
© Copyright 2021 Tennis24/7 · All Rights ReservedPRIVACY & SITE TERMS