Whilst working with the Romanian Tennis Federation in Bucharest Mark demonstrated 5 ways to develop the serve when a player moves from your red programme into your orange programme.
5 development points:
- Ball Toss slightly further forward to allow weight transfer during the serve
- Set back foot back to allow more rotation in the hips
- Acceleration of the racket head (encourage children to hit the ball faster)
- Leg drive up to the ball toss
- Extended/lengthen racket take-back during service action
Leave a Reply